Monday, March 14, 2011

Long Overdue

Wow. It's been a long time since I last blogged. So much has happened. One minute I was depressed and stressed up about my visa, the next I was on a plane to Prague. Everything happened when you least expect it.

So Prague is simply amazing. I'm living the life right here. I've never felt so alive before. I have such a good mix of Asian and European friends. You learn something new here everyday. Europe has this charm about it. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's definitely there.

Before I got here I often fantasized about walking the cobblestoned streets of Prague, soaking in all the goodness the city has to offer. Now that I'm here, I'll admit I do wish it wasn't so crowded, and for the streets to be a little more mysterious. I want to take a wrong turn and stumble upon a cafe or a quaint bookstore and just spend the entire day browsing through it's unique collection. So far, I haven't seen any. Everywhere you go, there're bound to be tourists.

I visited Budapest a week ago, it was a nice city, only down side was that I fell sick so I don't think I did the city justice. The feeling you get when you're there is very different than that in Prague, but it was good nonetheless. But being part of the EU has its disadvantages too. I don't get a stamp on my passport for all the EU countries I visit. ):

In 5 days time I would have been here for a month. It's not as convenient as Singapore, the people here are not as friendly as the Taiwanese, but it has it's charm. And I think I'm smitten by it.

Ahoj!

No comments:

Post a Comment