Sunday, May 1, 2011

I found myself.

Wow. How time flies. I have been in Prague for over 2 months, with just 2 1/2 months left in Europe. I've really enjoyed my time here. There were highs and lows, but mostly highs. I discovered that I can actually dance, well a little, and I've met so many wonderful people. I've learnt how to live my life, how to live and let live, and my Chinese improved!

I can't begin to explain how much I cherish this experience, and how it has changed me forever. The friends I made here will go back to their separate lives, but like the Chinese proverb goes, 不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有. Loosely translated, It doesn't matter if it doesn't last forever, it only matters that we had it before.


These friends, I will keep them in mind, and visit them if I ever go to their country. I guess I managed to find myself here. Though I will be heading home soon, A part of me will still be here, etched in stone, and maybe slowly erode away with time. 


Let me tell a little story.


Once, there was a boy. He lived most of his post-teenage life in gloom and despair, and saw the world through a grey filter. He struggled against his inner demons, but loved a girl with a ferocious passion. She was a fleeting thing, and soon drifted out of his reach. He fell, of course, into the dark abyss in which he almost climbed out of. 


No one reached in to him, he didn't bother climbing out again. One day, he knew this couldn't go on. If he wants to be happy, he needs to find it. So he tried to climb out again, and fate would had it that he climbed out on the otherside of the world. 


He met many interesting people, learnt how to live, and saw the world in a different light. 


So here I am. I have traded my half-empty glass for a half-full one. 


L.I.F.E.I.S.B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

No comments:

Post a Comment