Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Please

Alas! I regret to inform that I am in no better situation than when I last made an entry. My visa is still pending approval, and it has been 76 days, 16 more than the usual. I would love to be all jolly and get ready for my departure on the 19th, but the truth of the matter is I don't even know if I can go. I don't even want to think about the possibility of me not being able to. Too much money have been invested into this. Not to mention school has already started and I really need this. God, please help me.

I should like to say I really wished I was born in England. The dreary weather, the green pastures, the cold mornings and blue skies just appeals to me. Singapore, though a former colony, has nothing of that sorts. I mean sure, we have much better and competent leaders that any other country in the world, but we Singaporeans lack life. We go through our daily motion like clockwork. We wake up, we shower, we rush, we work, we rush some more, than we watch lousy television and then we go to bed. How is that living? Whatever happened to shopping at your local fresh organic local produce market to cook dinner for a bunch of friends on a Saturday night? How about hopping into your Volkswagen mini bus during summer with your friends and family for a picnic in the picturesque countryside? How about buying your girl a bright yellow dress and stroll along the sodden green meadows?

This is the life I want. This is what I yearn for. Of all the places I could be born in, I have to be born here. Still I study hard, I work hard, I even served my country. I can only hope with my university degree, more doors will be opened to me, and I will be able to lead the life I want, and let my children, if any, lead a life they deserve.

P.S. Please God, let my visa be approved by the end of the week. Pretty please.

No comments:

Post a Comment